The Waipori Goldfields Charitable Trust is the legal body set up by volunteers who are working to protect and promote Waipori’s history and heritage.
The trust is a registered charity
The trust was established in October 2022. It was incorporated as a charitable trust board in December 2022 and registered as a charity in January 2023.
Charity registration number CC60926.
New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) 9429051005399.
What the trust was set up to do
The charitable objects and purposes of the trust are:
- to protect, preserve, enhance and promote the history and heritage of the Waipori district for the educational and recreational benefit of the public
- to protect and preserve heritage buildings and structures and the land associated with those buildings and structures
- to protect and preserve the natural heritage of the Waipori district
- to record, publish and otherwise disseminate the history of the Waipori district
- to encourage the study, scholarship and research of the Waipori district
- to promote awareness, understanding and appreciation of the history and heritage of the Waipori district
- to collect, display and maintain material and artefacts relevant to the history and heritage of the Waipori district and make that information available to the public
- to produce resource material relevant to the history and heritage of the Waipori district to educate and inform the public
- to promote and encourage opportunities for recreation in the Waipori district
- to promote and encourage community support for the Trust’s aims and activities.
The trust has four trustees, who are supported by others in their work to achieve the objects and purposes of the trust. Find out more about the trustees and others assisting the trust here.
Work so far
Even before the Waipori Goldfields Charitable Trust was set up, the people who are now trustees worked with others to research, protect and promote Waipori’s heritage and history. Read here about recent projects.